Change your Major/Minor
If you are considering changing or declaring a major in the College of Arts and Sciences, CASA recommends that you follow these guidelines before making any changes:
- Run a "what if" degree audit in Bearweb for the major you have selected. This audit shows you what is required for your new major and allows you to see how your current and completed courses will be applied. To run a "What if" audit through your BEARWEB account, select the following links - Student Academic Services - Student Records - Degree Audit.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor in the Career Center. CASA highly recommends that students consider completing the career counseling appointment series prior to changing their major.
Change/Declare a Major OR Minor (In the College of Arts and Sciences):
You will begin this process by logging into your BEARWEB account and selecting the following links - Student Academic Services > Student Records > Change of Major Request.
You MUST carefully complete the actions below when requesting this change.
- Complete the Action, Program, and/or Minor request that applies to you.
- If your new major or minor requires a specific concentration, please list this under Explanation.
- Select Request Changes
- After submitting your request CASA will assess your eligibility to declare the major you listed. Then, assuming you are eligible, your advisor will complete the change and reach out to you with any questions or concerns.